Saturday, April 2, 2011

Saturday is a Special Day


Little Sam is growing up. Today marked his entry into the world of organized sports. Neither Paul nor I ever played league sports, so we are excited to give Sam that opportunity. Sam has been excited too, for years in fact. His hour long practice today tired him out, but he did a great job. He was proud of himself (and his daddy was too) for scoring a goal during their practice "game".
Natey would have loved to be a part of the action, but he listened surprisingly well when we told him he couldn't go out on the field. Instead, he busied himself picking flowers for Mommy.
And when he could find no more dandelion flowers, he just picked the seed stems.

Earlier in the morning, Paul and I were once again laughing over Nathanael's "team work" incident at Walmart. Then Paul started singing the Wonder Pets theme song, from which comes "team work". Sam then declared that he doesn't like that cartoon. You might be wondering why a sweet, young child wouldn't like Wonder Pets. In Sam's words, "it starts boring and it gets worse." Can't argue with that.

And in other news, I have moved on from Easter baskets and yesterday I tackled my first tote. The baskets are cuter, but this bag will be a nice church bag for me. It can fit my Primary binder, and very little else, which will be nice because maybe I will stop hauling around 5,000 pounds of who knows what.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Cute boys. Cute bag. :) You are becoming quite the sewing soccer mom!

Jenna said...

I love Sam's description of the Wonder Pets. Too true! I like your tote - nice!