It's the last day of April, and we wanted to close the month in style. So, we got started last night by keeping the boys out way past their bedtime (after 11:00!!!) attending a Greenville Drive game. Every summer, Paul's office has a work party and the past few years it has been at a Drive game. So, luckily we had friends to pass the time with, since we were really only there for the fireworks:-). And they were worth the wait, I must say. Even Sam, who started requesting to leave a couple hours before the end, thought they were pretty spectacular. Actually, Sam fell asleep in the van ON THE WAY to the game. So, I'd say he held up amazingly well, considering how tired he was. Natey enjoyed seeing the mascot, Reedy, and even gave him a few high-5's. At the end of the game, as the players were leaving the field, one saw Nathanael standing on the seat and tossed him a baseball. He was so thrilled! He clutched it the whole way home, even falling asleep in his car seat with it in his hands. When we got home, he woke up as I was dressing him for bed and insisted on having the ball as well as one of his bats to sleep with.
This morning Sam had his second soccer game and it was also picture day. Sam scored the only goal for his team....they lost 2-1. Good try, Sam!
Then we headed off to spend the afternoon at the lake. I was reminded today of a definite bonus to living by all of our family: access to all of their toys with no need to buy our own:-). Today the little boys and I had our first experience riding jet skis. It was pretty fun, I must admit, although I made Paul do the driving. The boys absolutely love to go to the lake, but it's exhausting trying to keep Nathanael from killing himself.
Of course it was so fun to spend the day with cousins. And, yes, Sam and Nathanael were both posing like that on purpose. Very nice, boys.
I can't wait to see what fun things May has to offer.
1 comment:
Sounds like the game was fun - so sweet about the player tossing him the ball.
Post a Comment