Friday, April 22, 2011

A love affair

It is a rare occasion, indeed, when I purchase (at full price) a new toy for either boy that is not for their birthday or Christmas. However, several months ago, Nathanael fell in love with lawn maintenance. Every time he is around one of his little buddies' lawn mowers, he must play with it...the whole time...without sharing it with others. So, I've been wanting to get him one, but by the time his next birthday or Christmas roll around, he'll be getting a bit old.
Today, Mimi decided Sam needed another dose of visiting the elderly in the home. When she came to pick Sam up, Nathanael cried and cried because he wanted to go with her, too. He does SO love old people. So, as a consolation prize, I told him we would go buy a lawn mower. He agreed that that was a great idea. And indeed it was. He played with it all afternoon and evening.
In fact, he even insisted on going to bed with it.
Although my mantra is typically "if you pay full-price, you're getting ripped off", sometimes it's totally worth it!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Julie those pictures are priceless! The lawnmower + mom's shoes. Hahaha... too cute.

Karen said...

So glad he finally got a lawnmower of his own :)

RobinEddyLudwig said...

I love that boy. I can't believe he didn't want to call me to tell me about his new lawn mower!