Thursday, April 14, 2011

Caught in the act

Lately Sam has really started to take off with reading. I can tell that he's really excited about it, too, because he keeps trying and even wants to read the words on some of his shirts. Yesterday I heard him in the playroom reading to Nathanael and I had to grab my camera.
That kid can really drive me crazy (like when he woke up this morning at 3:00 and decided it was time to watch cartoons, and when I turned the tv off to send him back to his bed, he commenced to wail at the top of his lungs and gnash his teeth) but then melt my heart by being so tender to his little brother.
Another of his favorite activities as of late, is playing with a stack of football cards left over from Paul's youth. Sam thinks they are SO cool, and he will literally play with them for hours.
In case you can't tell from the picture, which you most likely cannot, he has them sorted by "helmet color". I don't know where that child gets his OCD tendencies. It is clearly not from me. I'm sure there is not one soul who could come up with one illustration to the contrary. Must have gotten that trait from his father.

1 comment:

Jenna said...

Football cards (and baseball cards and Pokemon cards) are the best $3 to be spent. They keep my boys entertained for hours and hours too. Love the sorting criteria. What about the no helmet guys?