The event was organized into several different stations that the classes rotated through, most of which were various sorts of relay races. There was also a bit of corn hole and a snack station along the way.
In the end, everyone was a winner! Just like real life, right? They all went away with a gold medal. Sam just waited patiently in the back for his. Another trait he got from me.
But, finally, today I found something he got from his dad. Like Father, like Son....and that's all I'm going to say about this:
Sam and his cute K4 class:
And in Natey news, he has chosen a new bed for himself, which he now insists on using for naps and bedtime. It is the drawer that slides underneath his crib and contains all his extra sheets and blankets...and now his sleeping little body. One night we heard him crying and saying he was stuck. He certainly was stuck...in the drawer....under the bed. How he even got himself IN the drawer, under the bed, I have no idea. Now we go ahead and tuck him into the drawer at bedtime so he doesn't decide to get himself in there and get hurt after we leave the room.
He also sometimes likes to wear a bra.
You might have noticed, my life revolves around my kids and their activities. That makes me happy, even if boring. I've been told, on occasion, that I don't like to have fun. But to me, my life is fun. I love being able to be there for the little things in their little lives, and I hope that my presence at such events makes them realize how special and loved they are. So, if going on field trips, hosting play dates, and having quiet evenings with my family at home is boring, well, by George, I like boring. In the end, who matters besides your family anyway?
4 comments:
I think you're fun. I love the bra picture. Good blackmail for the wedding reception that is a mere 20 years away. :)
I love your post and I love your family and I think you are fun.
I LOVE your blog! I love being able to keep up with all the little things that life brings to friends!! If you're interested, we're at: sjblackfamily.blogspot.com
I found your blog! Your post made me laugh. I loved the pictures. It sounds like you guys have been having a lot of fun!
Post a Comment