Wednesday, May 4, 2011

I want more, more, more

On Monday Natey and I again got to attend one of Sam's school activities. This time it was a trip to a local farm, Papa Bruce's. The boys enjoyed feeding vanilla wafers (of all things) to lots of different animals and seeing many cute kittens and puppies.

Then for $5, Papa Bruce helped the children plant a sunflower seed and drove them around on a "hay ride".

But, the part that they liked the best, and keep talking about, was milking the fake cow.





Tuesday nights are when Paul goes to play basketball. I enjoy the quiet time alone. Last night Paul left before the boys were in bed, so I put them down, locking each into his respective bedroom, and went downstairs to clean, etc. I could hear Nathanael trying to get out and babbling, but it sounded like he was on the verge of falling asleep and I didn't think much of it. About an hour later I headed upstairs. When I reached the top of the stairs my heart skipped a beat when I saw this:
I no longer heard him so my mind was already racing through the possibilities of what he had gotten into. Especially after I went into the playroom and he wasn't there, I was anticipating finding his unconscious body beside a bottle of cleaner that he had downed. Or something he tried to eat that lodged in his throat. But instead, when I walked into my bedroom, where the light was still on and shining brightly, I found this:
And it melted my heart. My sweet, funny fella had somehow managed to escape his bedroom (his doorknob hasn't been working right lately), decided he wanted to sleep in my bed, climbed in with his "friends" and blankie, and tucked himself in. The babbling I heard was most likely him complaining about the light being on, as you can see the poor thing covered his eyes with his arm to block out the light. How.Stinkin'.Cute.
Some days, ok, most days, I find myself wondering if I can handle any more children. Let's face it, I'm not known for rolling with the punches very well. But at the end of the day, those two children provide so much joy and meaning to my life, how could I not want to add to that?

4 comments:

Karen said...

I love that he escaped his room to fall asleep in your bed. How adorable! Just think of how many other cute personalities are waiting to join your family :)

Kristen G. said...

That is cute that he climbed in your bed. So sweet.

Jenna said...

Sooo cute! It is scary when they're not where they're supposed to be. GLad he was in the next best place to his own bed.

Brad and Holly said...

That is so adorable! Don't moments like those make it all worth it? So cute!