Thursday, May 5, 2011

Mother's Day

Mother's Day hasn't even come yet, and still this will be the best one ever. Of course, I've been a mother for less than 5 years, so I haven't had many to build upon. But yesterday was a sweet Mother's Day celebration at Sam's school. All the mom's were invited to a brunch, where I received the very best Mother's Day gift ever. Unfortunately there is a glare, but you get the idea:
It's perfect; I love it. The pictures of the children holding the Happy Mother's Day poster turned out so cute and it's always funny to have the kids answer questions. My only disappointment is that his teacher misheard Sam's answer to "What does she cook?". His answer was not "cookie dough" as the paper reads, but rather "taquitos", which are one of Sam's new favorite foods. Yeah, I know it seems insignificant, but this will be a treasured item, and I want to remember what he really said, not the teacher's interpretation.
During the brunch, the classes came in and sang for us. Sam must not have been feeling it yesterday. Oh well, adorable, nonetheless.


We capped off the evening with haircuts for each boy. And then each boy refused to pose in a dignified manner.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Mothers Day Julie :D
Well at least you and Sam will always know it is Taquitos. Love the undignified pictures...

Blog Author said...

I love his guesses at your age and weight! You've taught him well! =)