Wednesday, October 27, 2010

A Season of Celebration

Starting around the 20th of October every year, we begin a celebration that doesn't seem to end until around the first of the next year. Last week we celebrated both mine and Paul's birthdays, his 30th and my 28th. For Paul's birthday, we were joined by a few of his siblings and parents at Outback, minus the kids. Oh what a treat! I wanted to get a picture of us, we did look pretty hot. But, it didn't happen. The following night we had dinner at a Greek restaurant with my parents plus Robin, Chris and Max. Two mornings later we had breakfast with additional Rogers family members at Mimi's Cafe, where Paul nearly choked on plastic found in his breakfast burrito. And there have been candies and cookies galore!
Yesterday Nathanael went to his very first party. There were several cute little kiddos running around and boy do they make difficult little targets for photographs! Here they all are sitting, oh so still, on the couch. I'd like to give a shout-out to my friend Karen, who actually took this picture.
Now here's a much more entertaining shot...also courtesy of Karen.
It's quite a task to host a party for such youngsters, and Angela (the brave hostess) did a great job. She had four stations set up; one for cookie decorating,
one for a sticker craft, snacks,
and pumpkin painting. They finished off with a bit of free-style playing and I took home one sweaty little chicken.
Here I am with my cute little chick
and here I am with my first chick in 2008.

2 comments:

Alexia Murdock said...

You've hatched two very precious chicks! Love you!

Julie said...

That should be a right of passage for your kids. They all must wear the chick costume ;) Super cute!