Friday, October 15, 2010

A Nice Summer Day


Today was a beautiful day. It was a bit chilly with the wind, but perfect fall weather. This morning we decided to meet some friends at the park. The boys wore sweatshirts all day. When we got home this afternoon, after Nathanael went down for a nap, Sam wanted to play outside. I was enjoying the warm sun and a magazine when Sam came over to me asking for help removing his sweatshirt. "I want to surprise you with something on me," he said. I assumed he wanted to color himself with chalk (see previous post), so I told him no chalk. A few minutes later he returned in swimming trunks! When I told him no water he replied, "why not? It's a nice summer day."

2 comments:

RobinEddyLudwig said...

Ha!!! A boy after my own heart....

Julie said...

Oh man he may have thought differently once the wind starting blowing over his wet body!! I assume you didn't let him? That's so funny! Love it. :)
ps- I never get tired of anyone telling me my kids are cute ;)