Sunday, October 31, 2010

Oh.My.Goodness.

I think I just made the most delicious thing I've ever tasted for breakfast this morning!!! I have never made fresh whipped cream before...until now. I'm pretty sure Paul thought there was something wrong with me when I tasted it, as my immediate response was, "OH!MY!GOODNESS!" He had a startled look on his face and asked "what?" I gave the classic, "slap your mama, that is so good!!!" I made him taste it and he asked why we would ever buy whipped cream again. Sam licked the beaters clean and said "this is so delicious". So, here's breakfast (I'm not a food photographer, clearly, and the whipped cream started to melt off the hot pancakes while I ran to get my camera):
Pumpkin Pancakes with Nutmeg Whipped Cream
I won't share the recipe for the pancakes simply because I didn't really even taste them with all the whipped cream I had piled on top. So, they may have been fabulous, but I can't vouch for it. But, I certainly will share the simple nutmeg whipped cream recipe, and I strongly urge you to give it a try. And Robin, too bad you didn't answer your phone this morning. I wanted to bring you breakfast in bed. Hope you enjoyed your interrupted sleep instead.:-)

Nutmeg Whipped Cream
1 cup whipping cream
2 tablespoons white sugar
3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg

Place whipping cream in a small, deep, chilled bowl. Add the 2 tablespoons sugar, vanilla, and nutmeg; beat using a mixer with chilled beaters on medium-high speed until soft peaks form.

3 comments:

Julie said...

Told ya so ;)

Blog Author said...

In the future, can I be Robin's backup for receiving delicious Sunday morning breakfast deliveries? ;)

Holly Niederhauser Larsen said...

i just listed this under "Julie Rogers Slap-your-mama whipped cream" in my recipe book. :)