Today was a perfect example of why I love fall. We crammed as much activity into this day as possible. First thing in the morning Paul headed off to help the Johnsons move into their new home (congrats y'all), but that didn't take very long. The next item on our agenda was Sam's soccer game. Tigers vs. Fire. Boy am I glad we didn't get stuck with that name! We might lose every game, but atleast we're the Tigers! Sam played hard; he had several runs down the field with the ball, but they were still unable to pull off a win. According to Sam, he scored the only goal of the game for the Tigers, but apparently that goal didn't count for a reason that I'm not exactly sure of.
After soccer we headed home after stopping by Robin and Chris's house to pick up Max. They were trying to prepare for their Oktoberfest and claimed Max was being a hindrance. However, he was a perfect jewel at our house. I wanted to snap some pictures of him hanging out with us, but I didn't.
Later it was time to enjoy the festivities at the Ludwig (LUWD-vig) extravaganza! Though the morning was a bit chilly for observing a soccer game, the afternoon was absolutely beautiful for a backyard party with lots of yummy German food.
The party had a very authentic feel, complete with a real German grilling brats.
And a lederhosen-clad mini-German serving beverages (later in the afternoon he stole a soft pretzel right out of my hand).
Though there were loads of people I didn't know, it was nice to see family, who unfortunately we don't see as often as we'd like. The boys got to see cousin Benny and Sam got a cool new rocket from Aunt Les and Uncle Ben.
No one could have asked for better weather for the event. The sun was warm and bright, and the breeze was gentle and cool. Perfect football weather. Sam enjoyed a little ball tossing and tackling during Oktoberfest and Clemson kicked Virginia Tech's butt to cap off the night. A good day was had by all.
1 comment:
Dang, you're Julie-on-the-spot with your blog lately! I have some fun pictures of Max chowing down on your pretzel he stole. I'll post them whenever I get around to updating my blog.
Post a Comment