Saturday, October 15, 2011
My Kind of Guy
I like a manly man. I'm grateful that Paul enjoys sports instead of reading poetry, or worse yet, writing me poetry. I look forward to the weekends and the watching of football. It reminds me of my childhood and the Clemson games we attended year after year as well as the endless games my dad and brothers watched on tv. Football has always been a major part of the fall in my life. And now it is already a major part of my son's life. Sam has developed quite a fondness for sports and football, in particular. Throughout the day, he plays multiple "football" games by himself. He picks which two teams are battling it out each time, he plays all positions, tossing and catching the ball, running across the "field", and then announcing a final score. He even gets sweaty, really sweaty, during these "games". He lives for Saturday football, watching it right beside Dad. This evening Sam watched the Clemson vs. Maryland game until bedtime. He was not pleased to have to go to bed before the end, but he was obedient. After several minutes, however, he started calling for us. When Paul went to go check up on him, he claimed he was hungry. He was NOT hungry. I fed that child quite a healthful dinner- chicken, rice, grapes, and plantain chips. Yes, that's right, plantain chips. So, Paul took him downstairs (sucker) and gave him some cheese. Then he claimed he was full (of course he was) and came upstairs to check the score. Duh, who didn't see that coming? He's a little sneaky boy, that Sammy. And I was kinda annoyed that he was still up, an hour past his bedtime. But then I walked out of the room to put some laundry away and I heard, "OOHHH NOO! Arrggg! Moooommmm?" What, Sam? "Maryland just scored!" Then I realized how I love that he is so interested in football. He already gets it and enjoys watching it, and that's just the kind of guy I like.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Henry and Sam's conversation in the car the other day was which football teams they like best. Which was funny to hear Henry commenting because we don't watch football at our house and I don't think he really knew what he was talking about. Sam however knew his stuff.
You absolutely should have allowed that kid to stay up past his bedtime for that game...this is all training for his future career as a statistician.
Post a Comment