Friday, October 14, 2011

A Lovely Day for a Picnic

One of the greatest regrets Paul and I have carried with us when we moved away from each of the cities we have lived in during our marriage is that we didn't enjoy to the fullest everything that each city had to offer. So today, since Paul didn't have to work, Sam had the day off school, and the weather was so wonderful, we decided to go enjoy Greenville's beautiful downtown.
First we picked up some additional passengers, then we set off to find some good grub so we could enjoy a picnic in the park.
When the dining was done, Nathanael made a quick friend...
Dad and Sam played a little football...
Max lost his pants...
Nathanael jumped around....
and played with sticks.
After a nice stroll across the bridge, where the half-naked baby picked up many compliments, we recognized that the children were beginning to show signs of fatigue. So, we headed back home. Cap off the day with a bowl full of Publix brand blueberry-pomegranate fro-yo and you've got a successful day.

1 comment:

RobinEddyLudwig said...

#1, how full was the pants-less baby's diaper in that picture? It looked like he was smuggling a water balloon in there.
#2, Chris was embarrassed (did I spell that right? I'm never sure on that one) that I allowed Max to cruise around the park looking like that
#3, I thought it was pic-a-nic :)