Monday, October 3, 2011

Call me a braggart

I don't care. So what if I'm a little proud of my crafty creations. I've admitted before that I do not have original ideas. I'm a great copy-cat and I'm ok with that. It still makes me happy to recreate someone else's original idea. And it's another one of my favorite things about this time of year. With so many special days crammed into this last quarter of the year, there are plenty of reasons to craft. And there are a couple of things that make crafting more fun.
1) Crafting is always more fun with friends!

Last week some girls and I got together to make candy corn wreaths. What could be easier or better than friends, a hot glue gun, and a bag full of Halloween candy? I love the way it turned out and I think my foyer mirror may be my new favorite spot to hang a holiday wreath.
2) Crafting is always more fun when you are creating something for someone else to enjoy.
This is a Halloween version of the Easter baskets I made earlier this year. I love the way the fleece ghosts/pumpkin turned out and how they add texture to the bag. It didn't turn out perfectly; there are several spots that are not exactly straight. But I was anxious, the whole time, about breaking a needle....which happened twice on this bag. I've got a few new tips from a more seasoned sewer that I'll try next time. I definitely want to try to get a couple more of these done for my own boys. This one was for sweet Myah.

Each year in our neighborhood, someone starts the "boo-ing". Once you've been "boo-ed" it's your job to doorbell ditch some goodies on another neighbor's porch along with a sign for them to hang on their door/window notifying everyone that they have already been "boo-ed". This year I found a really cute version online that I wanted to recreate, so I decided to make myself the initial boo-er and delivered these three buckets to my three favorite neighbors on the first night of October. Since two of them already guessed it was me and the third doesn't read my blog, I figure it's safe to post.

2 comments:

Brad and Holly said...

Your wreath looks awesome against the mirror! The bag turned out cute. And, those pumpkin boo goodies are probably the best boo gift I have ever seen. I think you definitely deserve to be a braggart. You earned it!

Karen said...

I agree with Holly. Awesome crafts and I love the way the wreath looks on the mirror.