Thursday, June 30, 2011

Goodbye June!

It's the last day of June already. That is simply amazing. We started off this last day of June with a trip to the doctor for Sam's 5 year well-check. So, now that I have his current height and weight percentiles, it's time for a stats post.


I asked Sam to answer the following questions:
Favorite food- Taquitos
Favorite color- Green
Favorite friends- Tyler and Henry
What do you want to be when you grow up?- Race car driver
What is your favorite thing to do?- Play games
What are you good at?- Riding my bike and math
What is your favorite toy?- Cars

Check-up Stats:
Weight: 40.2 lbs (47%)
Height: 42.5" (42%)
BMI: 15.6 (57%)

So, it looks like Sam's future as an all-star athlete are dwindling. He has gone from the 76th percentile in height at 3 years old to 67th percentile at 4, and now down to the 42nd. Perhaps he can be a jockey. Or a pianist, since he answered that playing the piano is one of the things he's good at. He doesn't know how to play the piano. And he's apparently tone deaf if he thinks he's good:-).
This year Sam has really progressed in many areas. Scholastically he is excelling. He loves to learn and likes to do workbooks for fun. He is obsessed with numbers, always counting and writing numbers. He is getting better and better at reading, too. As we drive around town, he will read the names of businesses or words on a sign, and it's quite impressive. He is sharp as a tack and picks things up very quickly. I hope that he will continue to do well with school. And that he'll continue to take pleasure in learning.
Recently Sam has really taken an interest in sports. Several months ago, Sam found a stack of Paul's old football cards. Ever since, he has played with them every day. He's even added to his collection, using money from his birthday to buy new baseball and hockey cards. He's becoming familiar with the teams and deciding which teams he prefers. For the past few weeks, he has really enjoyed watching baseball in the evenings with Paul. One morning he even watched SportsCenter instead of cartoons! Oh dear!
As I've admitted before, Sam is all mine, right down to his low patience and how easily he becomes embarrassed. Bless his heart; I hope that one day he'll outgrow these unpleasant traits that I've passed on to him. Sam is a very thoughtful and loving boy. He has completely changed my life and I can't imagine it without him. I am so proud of him and can't wait to see what he becomes.

No comments: