Saturday, June 18, 2011

My baby daddy

Today is Father's Day, the one day this year afforded fathers to be honored and rest from their responsibilities. Oh, who are we kidding? They get time every day to rest from their responsibilities, when they get home from work. Nevertheless, today we will celebrate their contribution to raising the children. So Happy Father's Day, men.
This year for Paul I decided to go with a homemade sort of theme. I do not have original ideas; I steal from others. But I'm still pleased with my copy-cat creations. First, the boys participated in a photo shoot in our yard so that we could make a photo collage. This didn't go as smoothly as the pictures may suggest. I'm embarrassed to say that the whole ordeal may have ended in a few hurt feelings and bad moods.
Then, the boys and I went to World Market where they helped me pick out some fun treats that we took home and packaged in pop top cans, which previously contained pineapple:-).

Sam knows that when we buy a gift for someone, it has to stay a secret until they open it. He's good at it. Paul, however, tried to get Nathanael to spill the beans. Has the man no shame? He asked Nate what was in the present and Nate told him "a big picture of Natey." Later in the evening Nathanael revised his statement. "A mailbox. There's a bird in there. It's a duck. Says 'quack, quack'."
Happy Father's Day Dad. And Happy Father's Day Paul. I love you both.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love it when you copy-cat things and then I can copy-cat you. Works out for everyone. I am laughing HYSTERICALLY at Nathanael's "secret keeping" prowess. So great. LOVE those boys...yours came out awesome. Chris loved his too, so thanks for the idea! And HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my first and super-special nephew Sam.