Monday, June 20, 2011

5 years


My boy turned 5 on Father's Day. How did that happen? I'd like to freeze time right about now. While he's still sweet and innocent. While he still has his adorable baby voice. While he still thinks Paul, Nate and I are the greatest things in the world. But alas, time keeps on ticking, and before I know it, I'll be posting about his 6th birthday, and he'll be starting public school (oh the horror), where he'll be robbed of his angelic innocence. So, I'll enjoy these fleeting, sweet days with my son. Today, we celebrated his birthday with his closest friends. This year we went with a robot theme.
The boys made little robots to put all of their party goodies in.
Said goodies were contained in balloons that they got to pop. Everyone had their own technique for popping, but Noah's was my favorite.
Nathanael chose to smash his.Then it was time for a water balloon/gun war.

Afterwards the boys enjoyed a lunch of dino nuggets, grapes and cheese (gotta keep it picky-eater friendly around here), followed by robot cake!

I think everyone had a great time, and they all got along perfectly (mostly) for the whole 3 hours. I'm so glad Sam has such good friends. I think it's so important. It makes me happy (and comfortable) that these boys all belong to parents who I know well and trust. I'm glad that Sam has a gang of friends who share his standards and I don't have to worry about him learning terrible things from. I hope that they will be friends for years to come.

Sam, Tyler and Noah- May 2008

2 comments:

Julie said...

Looks fun! Emery loves robots right now and he's crazy about the can one you guys made!
I hope the boys will be great friends for a long time too :)

Jenna said...

Such a cute group of little boys! I love the robot cake - I wish I would have thought of that.