Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve and Day have now come and gone. Both days were crammed full of family traditions, some old and some new. Here is a recap of Christmas Eve:
Our tradition for Christmas Eve day is to spend it with the Rogers family. As I previously mentioned, the crowd can be rather large, so for the past two years we've been enjoying our gathering at the Watkins Community Center. There is plenty of room for the kids to run and play, and plenty of room for us to spread out to eat. I, unfortunately, didn't take many pictures; I just didn't feel like it. But, I did get this picture of my sweet angel (maybe he's tired of being picked on?):
And Nathanael was reunited with one of his favorite cousins, Richard. Maybe he just wanted the guitar.
Later in the evening we opened up our traditional Christmas Eve jammies. Sam picked out mine and Paul's. I love them!

Next, it was time to sprinkle the yard with magical reindeer food (new tradition).


Then the boys were dressed in their Christmas jammies and we headed out to walk through an amazing lights display in a nearby neighborhood, a tradition we started last year. Unfortunately, the homeowners had a death in the family and the lights were not on when we arrived. I'm still sad about that.
Christmas Eve gave us two tuckered out little boogers, which made it very easy for Santa and the elves to accomplish all of the tasks that still needed to be done in preparation for Christmas morn.

No comments: