Nathanael felt it necessary to wake bright and early on Christmas morning. This is really no different than any other morning. But, as a special Christmas present for Mom and Dad, he managed to pop out of bed a few minutes early, 4:58 to be exact. He was awfully excited to see that the elves, Buddy and Peter, had left his stocking in his crib.
We didn't name the elves; they named themselves. This was our second year receiving surprise gifts on our porch (doorbell ditch) signed from Buddy the Elf and Peter the Elf. Paul and I know who the elves are, but for Sam, it adds to the magic. He now believes Peter and Buddy to be the elves who accompany Santa to deliver the goods. He knows them as the ones who leave the stockings on the beds and decorate the tree with candy canes. He's a very logical chap; he told me that one of the elves (I can't remember which he named, but he was specific about which one) is short and one is tall, evidenced by the fact that some candy canes were high on the tree, and some low.
This year Santa left the boys a letter, explaining to them what they did well this year and what they need to improve on, and then he described which wrapping paper he wrapped each of their gifts in (Sam had red paper and Natey had white). I look a little scary; forgive me...I just woke up.
The boys were so excited to open their special Peter and Buddy gifts.
Nathanael couldn't even wait to remove the wrapper before trying out his giant sucker.
After we opened gifts at home, the marathon began. Next it was off to my parents' house where I acted as elf with Sam as my assistant. Some people claim that my need to be the elf every year is indicative of my being the last child. I'm not sure what that has to do with it; I just like wearing the little hat;-).
Next it was off to Paul's parents' house and, later in the evening, a final stop at my grandparents' house. I didn't take pictures at either of those locales. By that point we were much too excited by the snow!!! A white Christmas!! I didn't believe it would happen. What a wonderful end to a perfect Christmas season.
No comments:
Post a Comment