The boys were less than thrilled to see Santa. Terrified might be a more fitting adjective. Natey cried when he saw him and Sam had to be pried off of me to be placed on Santa's knee. I must admit, I would have been a little afraid to sit on that guy's knee, too!
But, all is well that ends well. After all the children had an opportunity to have their pictures taken with Santa, he read The Polar Express to them. I think Paul had it right when he said it was the most boring reading of the book he's ever heard, but atleast the boys were happy with their candy canes.
And in the end, Nathanael made nice with Santa when Santa offered him more candy. Clearly Natey's affection is easily earned.
I spent most of the late afternoon and late into the evening baking holiday deliciousness. I love baking; it makes me happy to create yummy treats and even happier to know other people enjoyed them. If you are my friend and you did not receive any goodies, don't be offended or feel unloved. Between Paul's hometeaching families and my visiting teaching gals, there were none left, even for us. If you see something you want, I'd be easily convinced to make a second batch.
Yum, yum, yummy. I wish there were some left for me to eat....
2 comments:
please teach me to make cake pops. everything i made for my goody baskets looks terrible. i was a little happy our HT family wasn't home.
and in 6 months if things don't improve, i will confess to you my "nancy". we'll see if it's the same.
Awesome. I did look like I just rolled out of bed that day (well, I pretty much did). It was fun to see you there and I really think you should make a second batch of your yummy treats!
Post a Comment