Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

What better way is there to start off Thanksgiving morning than with some free stuff? If you don't know me very well you may not be aware of how much I LOVE FREE STUFF! CVS was offering up a nice haul of freebies starting on Thanksgiving morning, and I wanted to get my hands on it. I was surprised to find 3 other crazy ladies parked in the parking lot (two of whom were standing by the door) when I arrived, 10 minutes before the store opened. And here is my loot:

When I got back home, I had to finish up my standard Thanksgiving dishes: corn casserole, sweet potato casserole, and (my new addition) an irresistible pumpkin cheesecake with homemade nutmeg whipped cream.
So, the Rogers family likes to do things BIG. This year we actually had a smaller crowd than usual, but still a large enough group to require us to have Thanksgiving here:
Where else would you be able to fit this many tables (not all of them even fit in the picture) and this much food?:
I know it looks like a family reunion, but this is just immediate family. We partook of an abundance of delicious foods and good company. It was especially nice to have my lovely sister-in-law Heatherly and her sweet family here from Texas. Sam and Nathanael had a blast playing with all of their big cousins. They really look up to the big kids and the big kids are so good with them.
Natey loved having a stick fight with these two.
Richard might look tough, but just look how tenderly he played with puzzles with Natey.

Natey and pretty little Jillian
All the cousins who were present. We were missing a handful this year.

All in all, a spectacular Thanksgiving. We certainly are blessed to have so many of the ones we love close by so that we can get together and enjoy one another's company on special days like this.

3 comments:

Karen said...

Looks like fun. Growing up we had our Thanksgiving feast in a church too. But it was with cousins and second cousins and lots of people I was related to but didn't really know.

Julie said...

You had your Thanksgiving IN the church? HA! That is awesome :)

RobinEddyLudwig said...

You forgot to mention that you had so much fun at CVS that you stayed there to help me shop, and you also forgot to save me a piece of that cheesecake!!!