Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Falling off the wagon


Soda. It's my addiction. I admit it. I can't live without it. It makes a great addition to any meal. I like it with breakfast (cheese crackers and chocolate goldfish, anyone?), lunch, snack and dinner. There are just certain things that should not be consumed without it; salty snacks, pizza, sandwiches...anything savory, in fact. But, I recognize it's dangers. Discolored, unhealthy teeth? Yep, I've got 'em. Kidney stones? Yeah, I'm worried about 'em. Cancer? I'll probably get it. So, round about Thursday of last week I decided to kick the habit. My supply ran out and I was not going to purchase any more. I would allow myself to have some if it were available at some one's house, but I wasn't going to buy it. I made it until today....
I've thrown in the towel. After a long, rainy day with the boys, and because dinner has a Mexican flair (and therefore pairs nicely with soda), I called Paul and requested that he stop at the nearest crack house and get me some drugs....I mean the nearest grocery store and get me some soda!!!! ASAP! Man I can't WAIT to pop the top on the can. I just wish it came chilled....

3 comments:

JKGROSS said...

That is hilarious! I was like that with Mountain Dew...it was pathetic how much I needed it and WOW I went through a 12 pack like nobody's business. At least you drink diet! :0)

Karen said...

I hope it doesn't make you mad that I am happy you fell off the wagon. Really, everyone needs a vice - is this really so bad?

RobinEddyLudwig said...

If you hadn't fallen off the wagon on Tuesday, you would have fallen off at Costco today...