On Tuesday Sam participated in his very first school program. His class dressed as pilgrims. I was so disappointed with myself for forgetting to bring my camera! So, I had to stage a reenactment of Sam as a pilgrim.
The program was one of the cutest things I've ever watched. Occasionally I'm reminded that Sam is still such a little baby, and that day was one such occasion. Those children looked so little and precious up on the stage. And to my amazement and delight, Sam sang his little heart out! Every day after preschool I ask Sam about his day. I ask him what he had for snack, what letter they worked on, what Spanish words he learned, what songs they sang. And everyday, all he can "remember" is what he had for snack and what letter they worked on. He never sings the songs at home and he always says he doesn't know the words. Now I know differently. I swear I heard him singing above all the other children. He was absolutely adorable. He made me proud. And when Paul and I picked him up in his classroom and told him what a great job he did, I could tell he was proud of himself too.
No comments:
Post a Comment