Saturday, December 10, 2011

We have a believer!

Finally, Sam believes in Santa. Or so he says. His faith returned a couple weeks ago. When I questioned him about why he suddenly changed his mind that Santa isn't pretend he said it was because he saw Santa. Perhaps you wonder where, as I did. It was at a football game Sam was watching on TV. If Santa was at a football game, he must be real, of course! Whatever, I'll take it.
So today, after a particularly cheerful morning in our home {insert sarcasm}, we headed down to the neighborhood cabana for breakfast with Santa. The boys were super excited for a chance to see the old guy.
Don't they look like a pair of happy chaps? Perhaps in actuality Sam tried to refuse to even go with us, but after I told him that if he stayed home he would get kidnapped, he conceded. Atleast Max was happy.
Breakfast, just like last year, was Chick-Fil-A chicken minis, donut holes, and the most divine hot chocolate. Let's be honest; that's the real reason we go. Don't these faces just scream "Mmmmmmm"? The jury is still out on who consumed the most: Sam, Nathanael, or Max?

Once their bellies were full, the boys truly were anxiously anticipating Santa's arrival. Nathanael was the first one to sit upon his knee.

And to my amazement, when Nathanael was done, Sam popped right up to take his turn! He was a bit disappointed, though, when Santa incorrectly read from his list that Sam wanted a Clemson tee shirt when he really wants a jersey. Silly Santa.

2 comments:

Paul said...

Wow! I can't believe Sam sat with Santa. He was always so terrified to go anywhere near Santa. I hate that I missed it. Looks like everyone had a great time.

RobinEddyLudwig said...

And I didn't even drop any cameras. Success.