Saturday, December 31, 2011

Christmas Day

This year Christmas Day varied slightly from the last 5 years. Per tradition, we typically enjoy (if I dare to use that word) a whirlwind tour of family members' homes which doesn't end until well after the sun has set on Christmas night. This year, however, since Christmas fell on Sunday and we partook of our regularly scheduled church meeting (though only 1 hour instead of the usual 3), we were just too pooped by evening and decided to sit out our usual stop at my Mema's house. So, it went a little something like this: Boys woke up and discovered their stockings that were left, ever so quietly, at the foot of their beds by Santa's elves. The boys discovered their letter from Santa and their gifts. We went to church and then headed over to Mimi and Pop Pop's house for our big Christmas hurrah. This year all of my siblings were there, so all 4 grandsons were together for the first time on Christmas. As usual, Sam and I were the Christmas elves, but this year Pop Pop provided us with costumes! Let's just say I've never felt more unattractive as the elf before this year! Sam sure enjoyed his costume, however.

Nathanael enjoyed some cuddle time with Pop Pop and Uncle Ben.

And I just love this picture of my sweet baby.
We knew it was time to move on to the other set of grandparents' house when Max tried to pack Nathanael up with the Christmas trash:-).
After spending some time at the Rogers grandparents' house, where I never seem to take any pictures, I loaded up for home and Nathanael, straightway, fell asleep at 6:30 for the night.

No comments: