Tuesday, December 27, 2011

'Tis the season to party!

This year the Christmas season seemed a bit more overwhelming than years past. It seemed like there was so much to do, and so little time. Adding an extra complication, Paul spent the 3 weeks after Thanksgiving in Seattle on business. Nonetheless, we made the most of our December, and celebrated the season the best we could.
Kicking off our series of parties was Sam's kindergarten shindig. The class party was held on the last day of school before Christmas break (Dec. 16th) and was preceded by their Christmas program. Sam was asked to participate alongside his 5-year-old crush, Katie, as a poor boy named Pablo, hence the ratty clothing.
In keeping with what seems to be the school tradition, the Christmas party was certainly not lacking in sweets and treats! Children, would you like a slice of apple to go with your snowman donut? To add a bit of variety, they played Christmas bingo....using gumdrops as place markers.
The next day, Paul arrived home from Seattle and we dragged him along as we attended a gingerbread cookie decorating party. We all got to visit with friends and the boys got to decorate a cookie with all the candies their little hearts desired.


This year, having found what I thought were really cute holiday ideas, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to host a Christmas party for Sam (and Nathanael) and his friends. First, we made an ornament. By painting the kids' hands with a little bit of white acrylic paint, their hand prints made 5 perfect little snowmen!

Next the kids made some treats to deliver to someone of their choosing. They made Rolo pretzels, Candy Cane Kiss pretzels, and candy cane hearts filled with white chocolate.

And lastly, the boys had a little gift exchange to conclude the whirlwind party.
I hope the kids had as much fun as I did! I love any opportunity to get these boys together. I'm so happy for Sam that he has such good friends. Good friends are important. And I'm grateful to have their moms as friends too.

No comments: