Today at Sam's school it was Cozy Christmas day, which meant that they were to wear their pajamas to school. Last night before bedtime I had Sam pick which pair he wanted to wear. His "coolest pajamas", a red and black pirate themed set, he already wore earlier in the year on pajama day, so he didn't want to wear those again. Of the other sets that were clean, two of them he deemed too warm, and so he settled on a set with Thomas the train. It wouldn't have been his first choice; he doesn't even really care for Thomas, but he didn't want to get too hot. So, I sent my little pajama-clad cutie off to school this morning, happy as could be.
So, imagine my heartache for him when, as soon as he got in the van after school, he reported that two other kids laughed at him, one saying "that's hilarious! You're pajamas are for babies!"
I take particular offense to anyone being unkind to my children. It probably hurts my feelings worse than it hurts theirs. And I know that it is going to happen time and again because kids can be mean. But it just surprises me that it has already started, in kindergarten. Now, I'm not trying to pretend that through some sort of superior parenting I have managed to raise a 5 year old who is incapable of being mean. Sam will hit his friends without blinking an eye. However, I'm grateful that his thoughts are still sweet and pure, and the thought would never cross his mind to laugh at or make fun of a friend. If only it could stay that way forever....
5 comments:
Aw that's sad! Kids are so mean - that picture is adorable!
It makes me cry to think of someone picking on my Sammy. Tell him to wear his Thomas with pride...the real "baby" is the one who makes fun of others.
That is really sad! I hate how cruel other children can be ( and adults for that matter).
He is adorable!!!
Doesn't it break your heart and he isn't even in public school yet. Just keep reminding him he is a Son of God.
Kids are so mean! :(
I think he looks so cute!
Post a Comment