This evening we enjoyed a New Years Eve celebration with great friends and great food. And really, what more do you need than that?
With the ending of this year, I actually have some resolutions for the year to come. I'm not typically a resolution setter, but I figured this year I'd give it a shot. So, here are a few of my resolutions/goals/hopes for 2012, in no particular order:
1- Ok, this one definitely is the resolution that I'm hoping will be the most successful. I have GOT to kick (again) my addiction to soda. It's been a dear friend, sometimes the only thing to get me to the end of the day. I have so enjoyed it's syrupy goodness. I kicked it once in 2011, but Sonic pulled me back in. They know beverages, with their styrofoam cups, perfect ice-to-soda ratio, crunchy ice, and extra syrup. But in all honesty, I feel myself dying a little as I drink ridiculous quantities of it every day. It's not going to be easy, but I'm gonna give it another shot. Goodbye my love.
2- Really this isn't something I have control over, but I'm hoping this year I can convince God that if he will give me one more baby, I wouldn't screw it up....too badly. That's right folks, we're looking to expand our already average-sized brood. I mean, seriously, doesn't this look like a boy who is ready to be a big brother?
3- Resume regular meal planning and execution. I kinda fell off the wagon a bit since Paul was away for so many weeks in the last few months. But I have a whole notebook full of delicious meal ideas and I'm hoping to try out some new ones and put old favorites back into the rotation.
4- Sam and I recently looked through a dessert recipe magazine and together we came up with the delicious idea to bake our way through them all. So, our goal is to bake one item each weekend.
Here's to a healthy, happy, and prosperous 2012!
No comments:
Post a Comment