On Friday, we finally had family pictures made! I'm sad to report that we have not taken family pictures since Nathanael was born. In fact, the only other time we've done them is when Sam was 18 months old. And the boys had never had pictures taken together. I really wanted to get a real photographer to take outside pictures of us. However, with Paul's traveling schedule lately, we weren't able to work it in, so we went with the old stand-by option of Portrait Innovations. I think they do a good job, for studio pictures. I am angered, however, that I bought the cd of our pictures only to find out, once we got home, that they stamped their website on every image. Not much we can do with that....





We also spent time readying our house for Christmas! On Saturday morning, with a little extra help from Max who we were babysitting, we hung ornaments on the Christmas tree.
Later in the morning, because Nathanael has been really into the idea of fishing lately, Paul decided to take him to a creek at the old family homestead. Unfortunately, after digging up worms in our backyard and traipsing through the woods to get to a good fishing spot, there was not much life in that little creek. One teeny, tiny fish, about the length of my little finger, was all we saw. Oh well...better luck next time.
But while we were out, I got some lessons on firing a handgun, in case the need arises to protect myself. Robin and Chris joined us so that Robin, too, could get a few lessons....on each of Chris's medium-sized arsenal! Robin was a regular old Annie Oakley, tearing up the target! I, on the other hand, am not sure I hit anything at all. I closed my eyes when I pulled the trigger. That sounds safe, doesn't it?
(I really wasn't aiming into the sky, but that thing has a crazy recoil!)
All in all, a good time was had by some. I definitely don't see myself taking up shooting for sport.
We're so glad when Daddy comes home.
3 comments:
Sounds like you guys had a Blattman style Thanksgiving. We were shooting BBguns in the backyard. I love the pictures!
You seriously closed your eyes when you fired?! Hahaha! I think maybe guns should fall into the same category as tornado warnings for you... you're safer without them! =)
Love the way the family pictures turned out! You have such cute boys!
Post a Comment