Thanksgiving this year was very much like our Thanksgivings of years past. Sam had a Thanksgiving party at school two days before the real event, which consisted of dressing like an Indian in handcrafted vests and headdresses, and eating a feast. 
They were cute as could be and enjoyed eating their Chick-Fil-A nuggets and turkey cupcakes, both of which I'm certain were present at the very first Thanksgiving dinner.
On Thanksgiving morn, Robin and I kicked it off in style, as is our tradition (at least since last year). We headed out to CVS to amass our free goods. We even dressed as twinsies (accidentally) and I'm pretty sure the cashier, though kind as could be and patient, thought we were a little loony. We were able to gather up almost everything we went for and this single stop was the extent of our Thanksgiving weekend shopping.
(Some items removed so a certain someone doesn't know what to expect in his stocking. ha)
On Thanksgiving morn, Robin and I kicked it off in style, as is our tradition (at least since last year). We headed out to CVS to amass our free goods. We even dressed as twinsies (accidentally) and I'm pretty sure the cashier, though kind as could be and patient, thought we were a little loony. We were able to gather up almost everything we went for and this single stop was the extent of our Thanksgiving weekend shopping.
(Some items removed so a certain someone doesn't know what to expect in his stocking. ha)It was, as usual, a fantastic day. As a family, we have been blessed beyond measure. To be honest, I am a complainer. I got it honest; my family does it for fun. But in reality, I have very little to complain about. My family is healthy. We love each other. My husband works hard and provides wonderfully for us so that I am able to do that which brings the most joy to me, staying home to raise my babies. We have a home. We are safe. We have food to eat. We have so much more than is necessary. And we have knowledge of a God who is good and kind and loving. Indeed, there is much to be thankful for. It's a wonderful life.
1 comment:
HOW DID you cut those items out of the picture?
Post a Comment