Monday, March 7, 2011

You lose some

I'm sitting here sick to my stomach as I type this. With a terrible taste of onion in my mouth. Tonight, I lost.
The smells coming from my kitchen this afternoon were so deceiving. I loathe going through the process of making a meal only to be completely disappointed in the result. Way too many pearl onions. I should have taken it as a sign when I had a hard time finding them. I had to go to two stores. Paul ate his obligatory helping, complaining all the while, and then made himself a sandwich. Sad day.
Atleast I came across these gems whilst I was uploading my pictures to cheer me right up:

7 comments:

Jenna said...

We are all roaring with laughter! Hopefully this picture will not haunt him when he is older!!! (Save it for the wedding slide-show?)

Karen said...

Thanks. That cheered me up too :)

Paul said...

I was not "complaining all the while". I quietly ate my portion, thanked you for dinner, and promptly made a sandwich. ;)

The pictures of Nathanael are great and watching that sequence of events live was priceless.

Unknown said...

Good part...you can scratch it off your list and never make it again. :D
Now that you are getting handy in the kitchen you can start tweaking the recipes to your family's likes.

Rob Eddy said...

It looks like a delicious Apple Pie. Poor Nate.

RobinEddyLudwig said...

GREAT Natey pictures...these are akin to Sam's "Naked Cowboy" shots. As for your dinner...if I have to go to 2 stores to find the ingredients, it ain't happening.

JKGROSS said...

I am just so impressed at how many new recipes you try. I am always scared that they won't turn out good so I never end up trying anything new! So kudos to you! Cute pictures!