Today Sam got to attend his buddy Noah's birthday party at Giggle Bugs, a bouncy place. Natey cried as we left for the party, not understanding why he didn't get to go too. But, based on the looks of the house when I returned, he had his share of fun too. A duck costume was discarded in the "office", a chair had been pulled over to the medicine cabinet, bananas were smashed, wild crazy fun was had. Sam was so sweet to share the candy he got in his party favor bag with Natey. He is always good about sharing treats and snacks when he knows there isn't enough for both of them to have their own. It makes my heart happy.
After Noah's party, we moved our party-loving selves over to my parents' house, where we celebrated my dad's 61st birthday in true southern-style, with bbq. Sam ate a big bowl full of rice and pork barbecue (otherwise known as "chicken"). And Natey went home naked after getting choked up on a loogey and vomiting all over his clothes. Yes, a good time was had by all.
But the thing that kept me the busiest this weekend.....my Easter sewing project! To say that I'm proud of myself is a slight understatement. This is only my third sewing project since I got my sewing machine two Christmases ago, and my first solo attempt. That's right folks, I did these bad boys without any assistance, and I wiped out all three of them in about a day and a half. They are certainly not without flaw, and I broke 5 needles (one of them was even a denim needle!), but I'm now proficient at winding a bobbin, threading my machine, changing needles, and the basics of sewing. And, I'm quite pleased with the finished project: Easter baskets for my two boys plus one for my adorable nephew, Max.
Karen, I stole the idea of peeps and owls from you. Max's nursery is owls, so I knew I had to do that for him. And I love the way the owls look. I think his basket turned out the best.
Natey's basket is the peeps one; I still need to decide what to do for their eyes and noses. Sam chose the egg/bunnies basket. I hope they will enjoy these for many Easters to come.
3 comments:
Those are so cute!
I am in love with Max's basket!!!! Thanks again for that and the book!! And as I said last night "it's not a party until someone has vomitted and/or someone hhas taken their clothes off", so thanks to Dennis for making it a party
All three of them turned out adorable, congratulations! I love your fabric! Where did you find it? I'm not as in love with my fabric as I am yours :)
Post a Comment