Friday, March 18, 2011

They make me happy

Yesterday was St. Patrick's Day. I've never really even given it too much thought of actually being a holiday. I don't recall having actually EVER done anything to celebrate it before, other than, of course, wearing green because someone said you're supposed to. But this year, "Henry's mommy" (my dear friend, Kim) and I hosted our boys' preschool class St. Patty's Day party. We started off the morning as chaperons on a field trip to see Charolotte's Web, which nearly put me to sleep. The performers were all children, and they really did a great job, but boy was it boring.:-) I just wanted that dang spider to go ahead and die already! Not to mention Charlotte's costume kinda made me want to vomit a little bit.
When we got back to school, the kids found that a leprechaun had wreaked havoc in the room, turning their chairs upside down and leaving green necklaces, bracelets, and glasses hanging from the legs. I wish I had taken my camera to school, but I knew I wouldn't be able to take pictures and assist with the party at the same time, so a picture of Sam modeling his treasures will have to do.

For snack the kiddies had shamrocks and green applesauce.
Then they got to make a fruit loop rainbow and dig for gold!
Considering that it was a thirty minute party, I'd say it was a success.

After Natey's nap yesterday, I decided that since he could climb out of his crib now, it was pretty much pointless to keep him in it. So, with help from the little disaster, I converted it into a big boy bed. He and Sam proceeded to use it as their personal launch pad all afternoon and evening. He went right to sleep in his "new" bed last night and going down for his nap today was also a breeze.

2 comments:

Paul said...

I love the picture of Sam modeling his goofy glasses!

RobinEddyLudwig said...

AW, look at that cute little doodle asleep in his chair. (I say, as my little devil wails and wails and refuses to take a nap)...
I'm sure your party was a blast, although I have to say that the one picture (I think it was where they were supposed to "dig for gold")looks like a tray of kitty litter. :)