Sam had a great time out there this summer. If you ask him, he'll tell you that his team won all their games....except their last one, as he predicted before the game. They don't keep score in tball, but somehow he still came up with the stats. He gave us the score at the end of each game, and would tell anyone who asked. That kid...
I'm not sure what it was about tball that he enjoyed. It was infinitely boring to me, not to mention torture sitting there in blazing summer heat with fiery breezes. The ball fields have absolutely no shade and I'm certain that it was over 90 degrees most of the nights. But, that didn't seem to bother the boys. Maybe Sam loved spending time with Henry. Or maybe it was just the hat. He sure loves that baseball hat! It could have been the snacks at the end of each game, even though I rarely actually let him eat it. Come on, Doritos at 7:30 at night? Four Chips Ahoy cookies directly before bedtime? Ok, ok, I let him eat the Doritos....but the cookies are still sitting in the pantry, long forgotten. But really, it's possible he loved playing just so he could keep score. He's a funny guy, my Sam. But in the end, as boring as I thought the season was and as miserable as I found the heat to be, Sam was happy and I like it when that kid is happy.
After the last game they had a special snack, and received a trophy. Nathanael wanted so badly to be a part of it all. Sometimes it's so hard to be the little brother. Luckily there were extras, and he got a donut and juice too.
Pretty soon it'll be Nathanael's turn to play sports too, but until then, I guess it's time to gear up for the next season for Sam. Soccer starts again soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment