I decided to walk him in because he's still my little boy and this was his first day at a new school. There is a car line in morning and afternoon, but I figured for the first day surely other parents would also be walking their little ones in. Don't people like to take those precious first day of school pictures? Well, apparently not. I didn't see any other parents parking and walking in. All of the staff that I encountered on our journey into the school seemed quite confused by the fact that I was walking him in. Oh well, atleast I got my pictures!
Sam's teacher this year is Mrs. Karpinski. He only has ten children in his class. Can you even believe that?! His report of the day didn't have many details. Just like last year, all of my questions about his day are always met with "I can't remember". So, his summary went a little something like this: He is friends with all the boys in his class, yet he can't remember their names. He didn't talk much. He got to go to science where they raced oil and dish soap on a tray. Oil won, as Sam guessed that it would. He went outside for recess where he played with his friend Tyler and one other boy from Tyler's class. He had graham crackers and lemonade for snack. And he likes his teacher. Here's hoping for a wonderful year!
2 comments:
Cute pictures! I can't believe no one else wanted to do that too!
No one else walked their kids in to kindergarten? Weird. We ask the kids, "What's the best thing that happened? What's the worst thing that happened?" and sometimes (rarely) get a little more insight into their world.
Post a Comment