Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Halloween

This year we had Halloween overload. On Friday after Nathanael's class party, my friend Kristy called me to inform me that IHOP had free scary-face pancakes for the kids. So we met up with her and the kids acted like wild banshees while they enjoyed their sugar-laced pancakes.




That evening, we went to our ward's trunk-or-treat. It was crowded, and I was reminded why we typically stay home from such functions, but of course the kids enjoyed themselves and that's why we went. I borrowed Nathanael's costume.


I didn't really leave the house like that. But I wish I had.

For trunk-or-treat, Nathanael was Willie from Duck Dynasty, Sam was a Ninja Turtle, and Claire was a bumblebee. For actual trick-or-treating, however, the boys were both tired of their own costumes, and Nathanael took over the Ninja Turtle costume while Sam was a football player for like the 9th year in a row.


Before the neighborhood trick-or-treating, the two little ones went grocery store trick-or-treating per tradition. Sam has apparently outgrown that, opting instead to stay at home to watch football. We met up with friends and cousins to visit Food Lion and then Publix. All in all another successful Halloween.









1 comment:

heidi said...

I triple dog dare you to make that your profile picture.
And Imiss that publix so much!
Roll tide.