Friday, May 14, 2010

Strawberry Fields

Yesterday the boys and I took our first trip to the strawberry patch. Yes, can you believe it? It was my first trip, ever, to pick strawberries. And they are delicious! Honestly, the best strawberries I've ever eaten! Who knew strawberries tasted like this?! Well, I guess my friends knew, because they go every year. I'm fortunate to have good friends who plan such fun outings. The boys enjoyed themselves; Nathanael ate so many berries that it was hard for me to fill my bucket, and Sam had fun running up and down the rows with his buddies. We'll definitely be going back next year! Or maybe next week, after I use up all my berries in some tastey desserts;-).





Since Sam's never actually eaten a strawberry, I guess he didn't quite understand that they are supposed to be red;-).

But he started to get the hang of it.


My little beauties. I love how cute and little they are. But best of all, I love how sweet they are.

3 comments:

Leslie said...

What a fun day for the boys and strawberry pickin' is the best! I love your blog!

Julie said...

MMM ours are all gone :(
Now I want to go back. Oh yeah- I sort of have a date at the hospital though. Shoot!

Karen said...

Yum. We are going on Tuesday. If you need to re-stock let me know.