Ever since the planning stages of this event (a cook-out at my sister's house), I was under the impression that it was a late afternoon/evening thing. I agreed to bring drinks and dessert.
So, Saturday morning, Paul and I headed off to Home Depot to buy some necessary essentials for replacing our showerhead and when we got home around 11:00, I began to prepare my dessert. I was making strawberry pretzel squares with the last of my freshly picked strawberries, and the top layer is jello, so it needed several hours to set. I anticipated it being ready in time for dinner. I had made the crust and cream cheese layers, then headed upstairs while I waited for the jello to set enough to pour on top. About this time, Paul comes upstairs while talking to my sister on the phone. She had called to find out where we were; apparently the cook-out was not dinner, but lunch! OOPS!
We headed down to her house and I took all my dessert items with me, as the jello had still not even begun to set enough to add the strawberries. All day long we waited for it to set, but it never got more than slightly jiggly. Finally I decided to cut into it anyway and this is what we ended up with:
It should have looked like this:

Nevermind the way it looked, though; it was still delicious. It took me until Sunday morning to realize what had happened. I used a 4 serving box of jello instead of the 8 serving box, but still used the amount of water necessary for the 8 serving box. Oops.
At least we did end up with a new showerhead, fully installed, by the time we went to bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment