Thursday, December 31, 2015

October's everyday moments

October is possibly my most favorite month. October brings in the season when all my favorite flavors are finally acceptable (pumpkin everything and peppermint soon to follow). It means the holidays are just around the corner. And the weather is perfect.
My two crazy outdoorsy kids took full advantage of the cooler temps and bright sunny days, even having a spontaneous picnic in the front yard on occasion.






We attended an early birthday party for cousin Scarlett. It was a Halloween party, as usual. Sam chose not to participate in the costume portion, and neither Nathanael nor Claire donned their costumes for more than their grand entrance to the party. Nathanael did, however, wear his long enough to secure his win of the best costume prize. Thank goodness, because he was anticipating winning a giant candy bar without anyone even telling him their would be a prize. And it did happen to be a giant candy bar. I guess he had been planning to reign supreme ever since the party last year (when he did not win).






Paul attended the Clemson/Notre Dame game at Death Valley with friends TJ and Katie visiting from Utah. They had paid a pretty penny for those tickets some time previously, so despite the fact that precipitation from a hurricane had stalled out over South Carolina and the whole state was flooding, there was no way they were going to miss that game! Turned out to be a great one! But the kiddos and I were happy to be watching from our comfy seats.





I took the boys for a little mommy-sons time to play putt-putt. They loved each other, they hated each other. It was pretty typical.



Little Clairey gets dragged around all over town from day to day. Thankfully she's a pretty good sport and we squeeze in a few things that are exclusively for her, like story time at the library from time to time. But I think actually she really enjoys the frequent visits we make to her brothers' schools.





The kids had a couple days off from school and, after having Sam's parent-teacher conference, we took a trip to the zoo with friends.





Robin and I took Claire and Tessa to a nearby apple orchard that is supposedly closing down after this year. In my mind, I had envisioned that this would be a fun outing for the girls, but it turned out to mostly just be a photo-op, though I think they may have had fun for a few minutes checking things out. It was an outing, nonetheless.




The first of Sam's many projects for the school year came due. It was the 11th hour. I cranked out a beauty on Pearl Harbor. We got a pretty decent grade (I can't do the actual presentation part...).


I turned 33 and it was the worst birthday in the history of all birthdays. But thankfully I spent every minute of it with my little clowns and they made it better than it would have been without them.



No comments: