In years gone by, I have had a fairly decent Easter party for the kids at our house. In years past I had decorations, holiday paper products, snacks, crafts, and story time. But doing those sorts of things, and especially cleaning my house in preparation for such a party, stresses me out. And as my family has expanded and the children have gotten older thus having more required activities (homework and sports and whatnot), my ability to juggle it all and remain sane has diminished. So this year we were keeping it simple: a very abbreviated invite list (only two friends per child...plus their siblings) and a few light snacks. Then it called for rain on the morning of the party, and muddy-shod children going in and out of my house cause me more stress, so I cancelled. But the kids were still going to want an egg hunt and what fun is an egg hunt with just 3 kids? So we rescheduled. There were traveling friends and sick friends, but those who could come came, and the kids had fun despite no snacks, no crafts, and no stories.






No comments:
Post a Comment