Thursday, July 9, 2015

Marching Along

For the most part, the rest of March was uneventful. We continued our usual routine of spending lots of time each day in the car and I continued to snap pictures when I found the kids being particularly cute.



These two hung out on a regular basis and even had an impromptu fashion show in an effort to figure out outfits for their upcoming cousins photo shoot.





During the school week, Claire and I enjoyed our alone time. She loves to be my little helper, whether I'm cooking or cleaning. She also very much enjoys being my little destroyer. I have happened upon more of her messes than I would like to count. She is rather obsessed with washing her hands and brushing her teeth, so I really prefer for her not to be unsupervised in the bathroom. Claire in the bathroom alone automatically means a gigantic mess. I once found her after she had added water to one of my foaming soap bottles, and then commenced to pumping it out all over the hardwood floor. Good thing she's the cutest thing ever born on this earth. 





My most proud moment for the month was sewing my first dress for Claire, in another attempt at figuring out an outfit for the photo shoot. I am a self-taught sewing person (I fancy myself a seamstress, but I know VERY little about sewing) with only basic tools for the job. This project was not short on imperfections, but for the most part I loved how it turned out. And, as a matter of fact, it was used in a photo shoot later in the month.


1 comment:

heidi said...

Julie of many talents, will you ever cease to amaze.