First up, due any day now, is sister-in-law Olympia and brother Paul, with their first baby, daughter Scarlett. Then comes my Thanksgiving girlie, followed by Robin and Chris's Christmas girl. And ringing in the new year with a surprise will be sister-in-law Leslie and brother Ben with their second. Let the fun begin!
Sunday, October 21, 2012
Nearing the end.
In a little less than 1 month I'm due to have a daughter. That seems surreal. In fact, pregnancy altogether seems surreal to me. On the one hand, I can clearly see and feel the changes to my body. Yet on the other hand it quite frequently gives me reason to pause and think "is this really happening to me? Is there really a human growing inside my body? Is this really my stomach that is stretching into a giant ball?" It seems almost dream-like. Pregnancy, for me, is not terribly difficult. Oh sure, it has caused my body to change in ways that it will never be the same. There are certain discomforts and I like to complain just for dramatic effect, but truthfully, my body handles it fairly well. My self-esteem, however, is another story. But in the end, I get the most amazing gift and I am so excited about that.
These past several months have been so much fun, as one by one each of my siblings announced that they were expecting a new baby. I always wanted to be pregnant at the same time as my sister, but never imagined that the timing would work out so perfectly for all four of our families.
First up, due any day now, is sister-in-law Olympia and brother Paul, with their first baby, daughter Scarlett. Then comes my Thanksgiving girlie, followed by Robin and Chris's Christmas girl. And ringing in the new year with a surprise will be sister-in-law Leslie and brother Ben with their second. Let the fun begin!
First up, due any day now, is sister-in-law Olympia and brother Paul, with their first baby, daughter Scarlett. Then comes my Thanksgiving girlie, followed by Robin and Chris's Christmas girl. And ringing in the new year with a surprise will be sister-in-law Leslie and brother Ben with their second. Let the fun begin!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
You all look so cute. I love your shoes Julie. Can't wait to see who this little girl looks like.
How wonderful & exciting! Imagine the fun family gatherings with all of these babies the same age!! Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful!
Post a Comment