Saturday, May 19, 2012

Wrapping up soccer season


Today was Sam's last soccer game of the spring season. This time, it seemed to have gone by rather quickly and I'm actually a little sad that it's over. Sam had a really great time playing and he really improved this season. In fact, in the last three games, he scored a total of 8 goals.
He scored on this break-away.

Once again, Sam played on a team with his best buddy, Henry, and Henry's neighbor, Adam. I'm so glad he got this last chance to play with Henry, since very soon Henry's family will be leaving us to go to China.


At the end of the game today, the team had a celebration. They all enjoyed gobbling up chips, juice boxes, and special soccer cupcakes. Luckily even little Nathanael got a cupcake, because otherwise we would have had one very sad baby brother! They each received a medal, but afterward we received a little something extra: advice from the coach to move Sam to a more competitive league. Yes, I'm totally bragging. But, heck, we had no part in whatever he's got going on on the soccer field. He is naturally driven and determined, and I'm proud of him for that.
As we drove home today, Sam lamented the end of the season and said how he's looking forward to the soccer camp he will be in at BYU in a few weeks. My hope for him is that he continues to enjoy participating in sports and that he will always work hard at whatever he chooses to do with his life.

2 comments:

Heather's Pink said...

That boy is a good player! Needless to say the coach did not give us any advice to put Henry in a more competitive league. Henry must not have the game face...too much smiling:)

RobinEddyLudwig said...

I'm so proud of my little Sammy! And what a bunch of little cuties on that team!