Wednesday, May 23, 2012

14 down, 26 to go

Yep, I did it. I took one of these "belly shots". I am pregnant after all, 14 whole weeks (plus a few days). I know to you it doesn't look like much is there, but to me, it's huge. Only to get bigger. Worst part about pregnancy. First trimester went fairly smoothly. I can't complain too much; this is, after all, what I was desperately waiting for. 2+ months of all day nausea, which peeked after lunch through bedtime. Dinners were tricky for weeks. Anything remotely healthy was repulsive, particularly vegetables and meat. Waffles with strawberry sauce were a mainstay for a few weeks. As were treats. Oh heck, as ARE treats. These days, mostly anything carb-laden sounds delicious. Chicken noodle soup loaded with saltine crackers has been the item of choice for the past week. I still feel a little unwell some afternoons, but headaches have been the more common ailment so far this trimester. I could hardly keep myself from falling asleep on the couch after lunch many days, but I'm feeling a slight (hardly noticeable) increase of energy. I'm quickly outgrowing all of my clothes. Pretty soon I'll have to resort to outings with the boys in my pajamas. Won't that be a sight to behold? So until I start donning my pajamas around town, please forgive me if you notice I'm wearing the same pair of capris for the 5th time this week.

The boys are so cute. Sam always wants to know how big the baby is now. So, we look up online to see which piece of fruit the baby compares to each week. He wants a baby sister named Sarah. Nathanael already gives the baby hugs and kisses and says it is so cute. In the mornings Nathanael always wants me to carry him downstairs to breakfast. Well, the child weighs nearly 40 pounds and it's getting increasingly difficult, so I've been telling him no "because there's a baby in my tummy". This morning he insisted, so I was carrying him pretty high, with his legs dangling about at my belly. He said "my legs are just loving on the baby." And then tonight, as we were doing our bedtime routine, Nathanael sat in my lap while Paul was reading and Nathanael said "I think the baby's loving me". I hope they remain this excited about the baby, long after he or she arrives.

3 comments:

Karen said...

Oh my gosh you are the cutest little pregnant person. And those boys!!! They are going to make great big brothers.

Heather's Pink said...

As usual you look beautiful!

heidi said...

you look great. do you need someone to make you some treats?