Nathanael had his first experience having someone spend the night.
Being that it is March, and I do live in a household where I am outnumbered by males 3 to 1, I've been seeing an awful lot of March Madness. To be honest, I kinda like it too. Sam's first love is sports. I think I might even rank second to them.
Nathanael is my little shadow. Every day after we drop Sam off at school, or sometimes before we even leave the house, he wants to know what we are going to be doing that day. Usually we shop. One of our favorite little field trips most weeks is to Trader Joe's. We don't buy a ton there, but we have our favorites. I buy nuts and seeds for Sam, the boys love plantain chips, and I like their hummus and Naan bread. But one of their favorite things about Trader Joe's is looking for the little hidden stuffed frog in the store. He has a new location every day, and if you find him, you get to choose a prize out of the treasure chest.
A couple weeks ago, we had a huge pile of mulch delivered to finally spruce up our yard. We ordered 10 cu. yds., not really picturing beforehand exactly how much that was going to be. Well, now we know. It's enough to fill a dump truck. It's enough to cover nearly the length of our driveway. It's enough to fill every flowerbed we have, plus the entire playground area in our backyard. Nathanael was a great little helper. He got a little wheelbarrow for Christmas, so using it and his giant shovel that he got at the beach, he would shovel his own little loads and dump them where ever we were working at the time.
My busy boy expends so much energy during the day that he still is going strong with his naps. Well, I guess the fact that he wakes up generally between 5 and 6 every morning makes him pretty exhausted by midday as well. I know it certainly makes me pretty exhausted by midday. Unfortunately, I don't get the benefit of a daily nap. One afternoon, after Nathanael had been locked away in his room for his nap, we heard him whining for a while after, but I was determined not to go in. So, after quite a while, I decided to go check on him, or maybe I was going in to put away his laundry, and I found him sound asleep in his glider. It was one of the cutest things I've seen this month.
2 comments:
What a fun March! LOVE the last picture and the pic of Sam's bracket. Those boys are awesome.
My favorite is Jillian falling on her head and then being upset that her clothes got all dirty! :)
Post a Comment