Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's Day Festivities

One of Sam's favorite things to do with me has always been making crafts. In days of yore, those crafts were not much more than some random objects glued down on construction paper or some washable paint smeared around with a brush. But nowadays, Sam can help make cool things like the candy airplanes we assembled to give to his classmates for Valentine's Day. Crafting is tough work; Sam prefers to do it in the semi-buff.
For the first time, today the boys had conflicting holiday parties. I suppose this will become a more common occurrence next year when they are both in school, and I'm so glad that Paul's occupation is so flexible that he is able to attend to the children's needs as well. Today Paul attended Sam's class party while Nathanael and I enjoyed visiting with our friends at another party. For Nathanael I made the same valentines that I made for Sam last year, and I still think they are fun and cute.
Nathanael had a great time at the party, eating festive treats, playing with his friends, and checking out a different train set than his own. To say that he was mildly disappointed when we had to leave to meet up with Daddy to pick up Sam is an understatement. He cried the whole way to school. He loves his friends and I'm so grateful that both of my sons have such great little groups of boys to hang out with.
Both boys came home with some major Valentine's Day loot!


And as an extra special Valentine's Evening treat, we visited with an extra special family this evening who treated the boys like they are royalty. Nathanael got his first ride on a horse, and got tons of attention from the sweet Barlow kids.

The whole ride home the boys were asking when they can play with them again. A great day was had by all.

No comments: