Instead, I still stuck with the red and blue theme that seemed to be common for a train party.
The kids spent a little time painting a wooden train magnet to take home.
For lunch they dined on train-shaped pb&j's, cheese, grapes, and roasted chicken deli meat. Afterwards, they each got to choose a slice from the specially crafted train cake. It wasn't as beautiful as I had envisioned, but Nathanael called it Thomas, so I guess it was a success, nonetheless.
As part of their party favors, I sent them each home with a candy train.
Mostly, the kiddos just enjoyed two hours of playing with each other. They all got along splendidly and I think Nathanael enjoyed having everyone over to help celebrate turning 3.
3 comments:
Riley had a great time and loved showing James her train that she painted. Thanks for inviting her she loved it!
Seriously, who has time to do all that stuff?? Nathanael certainly never would have known the difference and everything was very cute, especially the cake, which looked way cuter in person than it does even in that picture.
I thought the party was really cute. I didn't even get to see the train cake! You put way more effort into that than I ever have for a party. Maybe someday I'll be better at it :)
Post a Comment