Monday, September 19, 2011

Ode to my sister

This picture has always cracked me up because Robin looks like she's a midget standing up.


Maybe not an ode, but still. God loves me, I know this is true. I know it because he has given me someone who can never "un-friend" me. I have a ready-made bestie, if you will. Not that it has always been this way. In fact, in most of my childhood memories, she is missing. Except for the time Mom took away the one Christmas gift I had looked forward to the most and told me she meant to put Robin's name on the tag. It was a troll doll and I think she still has it. And I think I'm still scarred by that Christmas. Or the time Robin watched some scary (atleast for small children) show with me about a lady who was in some sort of accident and had to have her mouth sewn shut. Then Robin, for some period of time afterward, would make her mouth seem sewn shut and freak me out, on purpose. Or she would just say "the laaaaddddyyyy, the laaadddyyy" and that was enough to spook me. So I said I wished the lady would go to hell and Robin told on me and I got my mouth washed out with soap. I was only 4. Thanks alot, sister. But I digress...

There is no better friend in the world than a sister. I pity the girl who doesn't have one. No one else has to like me, because she does. She knows all of my flaws and quirks, and she loves me in spite of them. Or dare I say because of them....for most of my quirks are hers also. She understands me. She gets it when I'm sad and she makes me feel better. She knows my life story and I know hers, and there is much to reminisce (or whine and complain) over. I don't have to pretend to be someone I'm not. I don't have to wear make-up or a certain outfit or pretend to like things that I don't. I can just be me and she can just be her, and I like it that way. She's my bff, for reals.

2 comments:

RobinEddyLudwig said...

Aw, man, this made me cry. I knew there was a reason I prayed every night for the first 6 years of my life for God to give me a little sister! I love my Juice!
(And I sure did laugh about that first picture...I never noticed that I looked like a midget...hysterical. But don't forget that if I was just 2 inches shorter, I could legally claim that distinction...and also, "little person" is more politically correct.) :)

Leslie said...

This post was so awesome! What a gift y'all have in each other. Beautifully written, Julie. I love my SILs!