Tuesday, September 27, 2011

I have arrived.

If I become nothing more than I am today, I have achieved the greatest goal that I had for my life: I have become a soccer mom. :-) I won't lie; when I was younger, I aspired to be little more than that. I never had much intention of working outside the home and I loved the idea of driving a mini-van. I'm there! I have two beautiful, amazing boys who call me mom and I get to spend my days driving them around to soccer, gymnastics, play dates, and whatnot. Ok, ok, I do have other goals and aspirations for the remainder of my life, but nothing could bring me greater fulfillment and joy at this moment than what I'm doing at home.
As I've said before, I want my boys to have all the opportunities that interest them and that we can reasonably provide them. Sam started his second season of soccer a few weeks ago, and once again he's enjoying playing on a team with friends.
Sam's buddy Henry is on the team, along with Henry's neighbor Adam, and Taylor who Sam knows from church. Sam really enjoys his soccer games and is a good sport when they lose. That doesn't mean, however, that Sam doesn't participate in a little bit of trash-talking to the other team.
And sometimes he makes faces at them as a mode of distraction.
But all in all, he's a good sport. He plays hard, he goes for the ball, and he takes directions well from his coach. Best of all, he's having a lot of fun.
Little brother, however, wishes he could have a chance to be out on that field.

4 comments:

Heather's Pink said...

I love the pictures and commentary. I love being a soccer mom too and love it even more that they are on the same team. They can't see each other enough. Can I get a copy of the team pictures since we missed it? Did I give you a disk with our pictures of Sam playing?

Jenna said...

So cute! I am glad you've arrived... I had no such aspirations but will surely long for the time when I spent three hours every day shuttling kids back and forth. Or so they tell me...

RobinEddyLudwig said...

I LOVE the picture of Sam trash-talking. (But I think he really distracts the other team by yelling statistics at them). And poor Nathanael. He wants to be a big kid so badly.

Brad and Holly said...

Such a cute post! Loved reading it and really enjoyed the pictures. You have such cute boys! I can't wait until I'm a soccer mom, too.