Monday, February 28, 2011

Who needs the Y?

After a LONG, solid week of working in the playroom, the hard work is finished. Attempting any home renovation with two children underfoot, one of whom will try to thwart all of your efforts and may, on occasion, come to show you a mouth full of screws, is quite a challenge. Under different circumstances, it definitely could have been done in much less time. However, due to a number of challenges (a husband who was at work every night until 8 or 9, a child who is similar to a caged animal...only without the cage, walls that needed sanded in 15.4 million places, etc), it did take me a full week. The room is by no means complete, but I love the results so far.

Before:

After:


Before:

After:


Favorite addition, the reading nook:


The only problem is, I don't want to bring all of those ugly toys back in to clutter up the space. And, as I said, it is not complete. There is clearly still some sprucing up that needs to occur. I have a few plans....I just haven't quite finished figuring out what exactly they are. I generally take a while to decide what I want, but once I do, I'm usually happy. So, this is one story that is to be continued...

5 comments:

Julie said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE it! I wanna come see it in person ;)
PS- We have little book shelves like those too!! cuteness!

RobinEddyLudwig said...

So those before pictures were pretty old, huh? I'm guessing Natey doesn't play in his baby gym anymore :) (although I don't know why I'd say that, considering he always tries to play in Max's!)

Unknown said...

Nice changes miss Julie. I love that beautiful rug. The book shelves on the wall in the nook is a great idea. I have a friend who used house gutters for shelves. Yours looks similar to that.

Julie said...

I don't know if anyone actually sees when I respond to their comments on here, but yes, Heatherly, they are rain gutters! I saw the idea on a blog and thought it was genius and perfect for that little nook. I love it:-)

Jenna said...

Rain gutters are very clever. And I love your green sectional. Good work.